Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Lights

I have always enjoyed Christmas lights. As a little child I would look out my bedroom window at the lights on the all the houses down the street. We lived in a corner house and through my bedroom window I could see two streets, the lights went on passed my view and I imagined that they went on forever.

All the unbelievably stupid, evil and dangerous things the Obama administration is trying to do to this country, I don't think I can come up with a word to describe it. My step-son asked me why I would torture myself watching and reading and listening to all this stuff? The only answer I could come up with is that this kind of stuff that has long been hidden away and going on in secret is now being revealed. The perversion of power by the godless elite is causing a great awakening. And as the darkness closes in I can look down the street at the lights turning on. Which reminded me of a poem I wrote a few years ago. I have only written a few poems that I thought were good, one was Life Myth that I posted previously on this blog, another one is Christmas Lights.

Christmas lights in the night
Twinkling bright, a delightful sight
Stores decked out in red and green
Bell-ringers with kettles on the scene

All this bustle and activity
customs recalling the nativity
of One so great who became so small
who can comprehend it all?

The world was changed by this single birth
Who can estimate the worth?

The life He lived and what He taught
No one can point to a single fault

That is why He came to die
to take the place of our wretched race

Then He showed by His resurrection
A future for us with His perfection

One life that changes lives without number
Who all respond with awe and wonder

And shine in the night like Christmas lights
Twinkling bright, a delightful sight

1 comment: